Nissan Titan vs. Ram 1500 Truck Comparison
Comparing the New Nissan Titan Side by Side to the Ram 1500
Looking for a pickup with plenty of power and massive towing capacity? Don’t settle for just any truck. Come to AutoCenters Nissan and let our team of automotive experts introduce you to the only truck in its class with standard V8 power, the impressive, powerful Nissan Titan.
The Nissan Titan models we have in stock for our St. Louis area customers offer a little bit of everything you’re looking for in a truck. Massive towing capacity. Spacious and comfortable interior. Legendary Nissan reliability.
Whether it’s a pickup truck for work, or to serve as the primary vehicle for your family, the Titan is a great option. If you’re considering a Nissan Titan, and some other truck is calling your name, we want to help. We’ve put together this information, pitting our Titan against the similarly sized Ram 1500, and we hope it helps you make the right decision for your next truck.
The New Nissan Titan vs. the Ram 1500
- Standard power. Power is important to pickup truck shoppers, and every Nissan Titan comes powered by a responsive V8 engine with 390 horsepower. The Ram 1500, on the other hand, has standard power that comes from a V6, rated for 305 horsepower. You can also get a more-powerful V8 with the Ram, but you have to move up trim levels and spend more money to get it.
- Cab style options. The Ram 1500 recently eliminated a two-door regular cab from its lineup. This means if you want the pickup, you have to take the pricier extended cab or crew cab options. But the Nissan Titan appreciates that drivers still like a single cab truck, and it’s available as a regular cab, an extended quad cab, or the four-door crew cab.
- Interior space. While the Nissan Titan and the Ram 1500 measure nearly the same in height and width, the Titan maximizes its interior dimensions better, offering a more comfortable and spacious ride than the Ram. Look for more head room and legroom for you and your passengers in our Nissan model, especially when it comes to front seat comfort.
- Technology and features. Opt for the base model Ram 1500 and you’ll get a bare-bones work truck with little in the way of comfort or tech features. But, choose the base model Nissan Titan, and you’ll get a long list of the kinds of features drivers want, including standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, standard 7-inch touchscreen interface, and more. Ram doesn’t offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and other amenities until further up the list of available trims.
- Off-road capability. Prefer to take your truck off the beaten path for a little off-road adventuring? Stick with the Nissan Titan. Equipped with four-wheel drive, any Titan model is great on the road as well as off. But Nissan takes it one step further, offering the optional Nissan Titan Pro-4X trim level. This model is specifically designed to tackle your rugged terrain, and it comes with many performance upgrades to help. These upgrades include hill descent control, a locking rear differential, skid plates, specialized shocks, and standard four-wheel drive. You’ll have a blast riding this truck on the trails, but you won’t find anything similar in the Ram 1500 lineup of available trims.
Test Drive a New Nissan Titan near St. Louis
Stop by to visit us in person and see what we mean when we say the Nissan Titan is a powerful, must-test drive truck. We’ll set you up for a test drive so you can discover firsthand everything about this truck that makes it the best vehicle for you over the competition.